Here are some random leftover pictures from our adventures. We hit up all the usual Seattle sights. The city center plays host to the Pacific Science, Experience Music Project, and of course the Space Needle.
Apparently this makes a six foot tall person feel like they are three feet tall. Oh, to be little again.
And here's our hotel. Did I mention how enormous it was? So crowded, but pretty cool to swim on the 35th floor.
- Shopped at an enormous Nordstrom's Rack where Daniel picked up $80 jeans for $30. And I got some Nike Shox for fifty percent off. (Whoot!)
- Ate at Red Mill Burgers (another Man vs. Food sight) and ate the most amazing burgers and probably the best onion rings we will ever eat.
- Talked to some French people, kind of. There were tons of French speakers!! They stopped Daniel to ask "What means "shoplift"?" They had been staring into a closed shop and were concerned about a sign that said "Shoplifters will be persecuted." Daniel explained that it simply meant don't steal. I almost wish they would have stopped me so I could pluck up the courage to speak french with them, but no loss.
- We ate (again) at an Italian restaurant where we were greeted by a small Italian man who reached out to give me a hug and a kiss. Luckily I slid into that smoothly or that could've been super awkward. The food was tasty and the dessert was AMAZING. Loved it.
- We took a cruise of the harbor. It was somewhat informative and relaxing.
- Breakfast is so much better in the city. All these little bakeries make my favorite meal of the day a delight!
- We drank lots of hot chocolate.
- Our Garmin became our best friend. Pretty sure we would have died without it.
We drove home via Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, and Montana. As beautiful as that drive was I swear I was dizzy the whole time. We crossed four states and two mountain ranges. Crazy long, intense drive.
We made it home.
No comments:
Post a Comment