Thursday, November 3, 2011

Deadly Ever After

I daresay this was the best Halloween we've ever had. Daniel usually has to work until midnight on the last day of the month, which spoils Halloween and New Years, but this year the weekend before turned out to be convenient enough to throw a party. :)

I'm a big fan of dressing up, perhaps its from my ballroom years, but I always find it fun to dress up fancy for a special occasion or crazy for some party. We decided we wanted to throw a "murder mystery" where everyone could get super dressed up and have a good time. I found a website where I was able to download a party set that gave us clues, character, and directions. Made it all really simple! "Deadly Ever After" was one of the favorite themes we came across and once we selected it the party just came together!

The mystery began with a trivia quiz on all the of characters present. We had Rapunzel & Robin Hood, Evil Witch & The Count, Hamlet & Juliet, Sherlock & Red Riding Hood, Prince Charming & Belle, John Silver the Pirate & his lady, and Alice & the Mad Hatter.

{AKA: Roni & Aaron, Kelsey & Eric, Zach & Gabby, Mike & Lara, Spencer & Jess, Zach & Lizzy, Ashley & Daniel.}

I was so impressed with everyone's costumes. I thought at first we had gone overboard, but everyone looked so great! Daniel's sweet mom made my dress and it was perfect! I really really need to learn how to sew. We pieced Daniel's costume together from the DI, online shopping, and...my socks.
The face paint really adds the extra touch on Daniel.


By the end of round one, everyone was really into their characters. Spencer was yelling out against the accusations that he stole shoe styles from the victim. Daniel jabbered away just like the hatter. And Kelsey, the witch, freaked everyone out every time they turned a corner! Look at that face!

At the end of the night, we discovered that John Silver had in fact killed our victim Scheherazade. I guess she found out that he liked to knit, and the pirate couldn't risk his reputation! {I was certain it was Juliet}


We voted on the Best Costume, Best Character, and Best Food. Daniel won best costume, I won best character (I think the british accent pulled that one off for me), and Gabby and Zach won best food.
Turned out to be a great party. Thanks to everyone who helped. Also, it must be noted that I won monopoly for the first time in my life that night. It's not often I bet Daniel at games like that.

1 comment: