Monday, January 18, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Of course a few days before Christmas Sophie gave me a scare and got sick with a high fever and slept most of the afternoon. Since we spent last Christmas with a sick kid I wasn't in favor of that. Thankfully that passed and in retrospect I think she was reacting to the flu shot she had a few days earlier. 

We closed on our house the Saturday before Christmas so it was a mad dash to get moved in and prep for the holidays. My sweet momma came out to help since at 36 weeks pregnant I was basically useless. She stayed just until a few days before Christmas so we had "mini Christmas" the Monday before. We also had quite the task to find a Christmas tree and the only real trees left in town were the ten dollar 2 foot trees. So we really did have a "mini Christmas" in some ways. 

As always, I love that Daniel's family does a big dinner on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day. It was an especially large dinner this year as all the Engers were visiting. It was kind of fun cooking food for 20+ people--felt like I was feeding an army. Everyone was so nice and chatty that we all had a great time. Sophie started getting bummed out when her cousins all unwrapped their Christmas Eve pjs so we headed home quickly after dinner. Sophie unwrapped some new (to her) Christmas jammies which was the best way we could coax her out of her Queen Elsa pjs that she requests every night. Thankfully since then Sophie has opened up the possibilities of wearing different pjs. Daniel also had me open a present which was a camcorder/video camera (I can't decide what to call it) which I am really happy about. Every kid loves watching videos of when they were cute and adorable and I want to capture how ridiculous cute Sophie is now. We love the way she talks and plays and I can't wait to capture when Sophie meets Emery for the first time. There's something wonderfully classic about having those family videos to look back on. 

I felt like I cooked all Christmas week, but there were just some foods I couldn't live without (i.e. sticky buns Christmas morning). Sophie did get up surprisingly early Christmas morning, but she was still adjusting to sleeping in her new room--which is by far the cutest room in the whole house. We still had fun watching her tear into all her gifts, to each she promptly requested we opened immediately. With her wild imagination, she got lots of figurines and dolls that are now scattered across the house, but are always being played with. Grandpa joined us for breakfast and then we headed to his house to open gifts and then over to the Engers. 

We got great snow Christmas week so Sophie headed out sledding on Christmas day with her cousins. She did have one little fall out of a sled, but did great otherwise. It was 15 degrees or something like that so she did eventually get really cold and we have learned that she is not a fan of that. 































No comments:

Post a Comment