Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our very first Christmas Tree


So this is my, Daniel's, very first post on this blog. During this week Ashley and I have been working quite a bit (Ashley more though). So Ashley was supposed to not be working at Deseret Book anymore because they wouldn't give her Christmas off for Marci's wedding, but since she is irreplacable they have not let her go and she is working about 39 hours this week. We spent Thanksgiving with Ashley's family and had a great dinner, played some old school N64 and went and saw the Blindside. We all liked the movie a lot and I would recommend it to everyone, it really was a great movie.






Since it's been awhile since we've posted.....we'll try to give the reader's digest version of our life the last few months: school is going well and we both seem to like our classes, but can't wait for the Christmas break to be able to spend some time with the fam over on the east coast. Over the break we are going to D.C. to see Marci and Alan get married, the whole Alan thing is kind of confusing sometimes (since my brother's name is Alan, too) so we were trying to think of a good nickname for Marci's Alan, any suggestions? After the wedding we are going to spend a week in Rodanthe, North Carolina in an awesome beach house with all the family and nieces and nephews. Ashley and I are excited to see new baby Peter and how all the other nieces and nephew have grown. Ashley and I have really gotten into The Office lately and mario party on N64, yes we're nerds. Ashley is pursuing an internship at the Museum of Idaho and I have looked into an internship in Accounting at PriceWaterhouse Coopers most likely in New York, but I need to do really well in all my classes for the rest of my time here at BYU-I. Hopefully if we end up in somewhere big like New York Ashley can get a job at a cool museum.




Last night we set up all our Christmas decorations and we have this tradition that we are going to collect an ornament everywhere we go. So we need to get one in D.C. Ashley's mom got us our very first one and we already have an awesome Boston and London ornament. So our Christmas tree is fake :( I'm not too happy about it, but I can deal with it until we have our own house someday in the distant future but fake trees are just wrong.


So that's everything for right now. Only two and a half more weeks of school!! YES! :)


{Post edited by Ashley ;) }

2 comments:

  1. You should come to Alaska and get one from North Pole. You can meet Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- fake trees are so wrong. We ended up getting one this year too . . . its like commiting Jensen blasphemy. We will repent and get a real tree once we have a house of our own as well.
    I really like the ornament idea you guys have !!! That will be really fun. We do something similar- but we just buy each other and ornament every year, usually having to do with some memory from the year. It will be really cool once we have a tree full of memories.
    Thanks for updating the blog. Its nice to see what is going on in your lives.

    ReplyDelete