It's Mr. and Mrs. Jensen!!! :D Finally! We're back from the honeymoon, settled, and already slammed with homework, work, and balancing time with each other. Now we shall share the adventures of our honeymoon. Many people ask: Boston?? Why Boston?? Let us explain: Why would we want to spend our first week married on a beautiful beach, somewhere warm, completely in a zombie-like brainless state while acquiring skin cancer??? No, no, no. Not us. We went to Boston for intellectual stimulation, good people, good food, whales, and a Red Sox/Yankees game!! :) Daniel's dream come true. I've seen the Eiffel Tower, so I'm good. And Boston was a ton of fun!
Here's a tip: Don't plan to take a 7 AM flight the day after you got married. Who knew weddings were so exhausting??? We arrived at the Idaho Falls airport in what we thought was reasonable time. The couple in front of us preceded to unload their baggage and repack in ordered to fit the weight limit. Super. By the time we got to the counter we were too late. :( But I was too tired and too hungry to care. The next flight was at one so we went to Denny's, ate, then headed back to our hotel and asked them if we could go back to our room to try and sleep a few hours. They let us. The Hilton was great about everything. Then at one... back to the airport. We arrived in Boston after midnight. I used my very sleepy internal compass to get us on the subway to get us to our hotel. At a quarter to one, we were finally in our hotel room.

Our hotel was great! Right in the heart of downtown Boston, close to everything! And everything was so beautiful. Our second night they left us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne [which we did not drink :) ] in our room. We found church on Sunday by thankfully running into the missionaries!! Great ward. Sweet church building. After church we walked over to Boston Common and rode the swan boats in the lake and walked around the city and checked everything out. It really is a beautiful city.
Monday:
OFF TO FENWAY!



The tour we went on took us everywhere you can't go during the game: up in the highest, nicest reserved seats, the media boxes, and up on the Green Monster! In the media box [above] we sat next to a phone labeled ESPN.....so tempting to pick it up.
THE GREEN MONSTAH!

TRINITY CHURCH-One of the coolest churches in the US. I think.













We also made it out to Salem to see all the creepy witch stuff. Salem is such a cute town. Haha. We went to the witch museum and saw the house of the Seven Gables from Nathaniel Hawthorne's book where we went up secret passageways. Then we just walked around.


Wow, I am all blogged out. Everyone will just have to wait to see the fantastic pictures from the much anticipated Red Sox game. Daniel would probably agree it deserves a post of its own anyways.
Thanks to everyone who was at the reception and/or wedding and helped out with everything. Such a perfect day!! And congrats to Alan and Dianna and new baby Peter!! Can't wait to meet him! I love being an aunt! :)
TRINITY CHURCH-One of the coolest churches in the US. I think.
And here is our "romantic" honeymoon cruise out to see the whales!!!! It was so nice to get out on the water and see all the little islands and of course the humpback whales!
Then off to the Aquarium!! It was pretty dang cool. Turtles, jellyfish, penguins, seals, and sharks!!!
Then, believe it or not, we went out for seafood. Yes, seafood. If you know me at all, I am completely anti-formerly-swimming food. And I ate it! And I lived! Here we are Legal Seafoods eating salmon, and crab, lobster, and shrimp tacos. Actually pretty good. I was surprised. Although, doubt I'll eat anything like that anytime soon.
Here we are eating a place called the Barking Crab, definitely the coolest place we ate the whole time. It's down on the harbor with an amazing view of the city. They have live music and everyone is loud and they brought Daniel's giant Alaskan crab legs in a lil plastic bucket with matching bib. I just ate fish'n'chips. Not to shabby. I liked Daniel's pricey crab legs better. :)
The Freedom Trial!! A cleverly marked historical trail that hits all the major sites in Boston. We saw the cemetary where Sam Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock are buried, along with Ben Franklin's parents. We saw the first integrated church, the place of the Boston Massacre, lots of old churches and states houses, great shopping, little Ireland and Italy, Old North Church, and Paul Revere's house. Our honeymoon turned out to be very educational. :) It was way fun.
We also made it out to Salem to see all the creepy witch stuff. Salem is such a cute town. Haha. We went to the witch museum and saw the house of the Seven Gables from Nathaniel Hawthorne's book where we went up secret passageways. Then we just walked around.

Wow, I am all blogged out. Everyone will just have to wait to see the fantastic pictures from the much anticipated Red Sox game. Daniel would probably agree it deserves a post of its own anyways.
Thanks to everyone who was at the reception and/or wedding and helped out with everything. Such a perfect day!! And congrats to Alan and Dianna and new baby Peter!! Can't wait to meet him! I love being an aunt! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment