School. That's about it. The last two months have flown by as we have each tried to make it through school day by day, week by week. And believe it or not, we are over half way done with the semester (and I couldn't be happier). We are both taking a class that requires us to attend various "cultural" events at the school for credit. We have gone to an Illustrator's Art Exhibit (kinda cool). Then we went to see Nosferatu, a vampire movie from the 70s. It was interesting. By far the biggest downside to the whole event was the widespread immaturity of the audience. Apparently a majority of the crowd found something hilarious about the film that resulted in some much incessant laughing that the director of the Fine Arts department paused the movie to tell everyone to grow up. It was only slightly frustrating. Daniel and I decided that this might not have happened at any other university. Sad truth. Our next event was a Halloween Concert. When we got there we were expecting Halloween, you know, ghouls, goblins, ghosts, vampires, and the like, but instead we got cowboy-themed concert that could have done with one less banjo. It was still a good concert, but when you grow up in the "Wild" West, it's not the most entertaining theme in the world. But that's okay, like I said, we still enjoyed the concert, but I felt a little crushed I didn't get the creepy Halloween concert I expected. This week we are headed to a dance performance. Good stuff.
So Daniel has been working hard at both school and work. It's not uncommon for him to disappear for hours at the library, which is a good thing, I think. He really likes his Tax class which is a good sign of what he would like to do after school. Basketball season has started up so it is Jazz talk all the time. We are going to try to make it to a game this season. He has already ordered me my own Jazz jersey for Christmas (Raja Bell- who can resist someone willing to clothesline Kobe Bryant in the face?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8ZukXsWmk
Being in my senior year my classes are extraordinarily hard and extra time consuming. I do not ever stop reading- I guess I asked for it being a history major and all. Trying to figure out my last two semesters has been a trial. I am trying to double minor in French and International Studies and one class I need will not be offered until next fall, by that time I plan on being graduated, so we'll see how that goes.
We did set up a couple of friends on a blind date and had them over for dinner, pumpkin carving, and a halloween movie. My pumpkin was supposed to be the Harry Potter symbol, but it turned out pretty shabby looking. In my defense, I was making pumpkin scones. My priorities were a little different. Also, Daniel and I did go to a sushi place here in Rexburg. Without really realizing what I was eating, I tried almost everything. It was alright. Daniel seemed to enjoy it much more than me.
We haven't done much else than study and work. Deseret Book already feels like Christmas and we went out and bought new Christmas decorations this weekend. So despite the gorgeous weather we've been having, we are already in Christmas mode. It's a great time of year so that's okay with me. :)
Sorry this post isn't all jazzed up with pictures- the camera is MIA. Just know we are looking forward to being done with school and relaxing over Christmas break.
Alan and I went to Nosferatu this month as well, but we went to the original 1920s version. Its a silent movie, but the theatre we went to had a live orchestra. It was our second time going and I highly recommend it.
ReplyDelete