Thursday, April 7, 2011
When I Grow Up...
The more I plan our trip to Seattle, the more I become infected with the travel bug. There is something intoxicating about planning and sight-seeing and whisking off to an exotic land. (Well, exotic in perhaps a different way). As graduation creeps closer, the ever present question "What will you do?" grows louder and louder inside my head. If I could only make a career out of my love of travel books and overly meticulous planning. Sure, I could be a travel agent, but I very much need a different job market for anything like that (Idaho Falls I think has one travel agency). The joke back in high school was that I was going to be a tour guide at the White House-heck that still sounds good to me!! Or be a photographer for National Geographic!! :) Write for a travel magasine? Work for the Church Historical Society? Museum Curator? (I did try that whole Museum of Idaho thing and that went poorly...) Work for the State Department? (Maybe actually use my French?) Book Publishing? (Pull some strings at Deseret Book?) Who knows, mostly this is me procrastinating my last final exam. Constitutional History and Law--not favorite. I'll probably end up being a librarian or secretary at a dentist office. (Not that those are awful careers, just not exactly what I want to do with my degree) We are excited to leave for Washington on Sunday and my little brother gets back from Equador that same day. Whoohoo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Move to DC. We have plenty of the jobs you are looking for. And if you are interested in traveling...come visit me in DC or go to Europe this summer with Alan and me.
ReplyDelete