As of late, we have had the fortune to attend three, yes three, Jazz games. For having never been to a NBA game myself, this was nearly overwhelming. Game one came as a complete shock. One day, Daniel called me at four o'clock while I was on my way to work and he said, "You don't have to work tomorrow right?" and I replied that I did not and he said, "Good, because we are going to a Jazz game." Fun Wednesday afternoon activity. It was indeed exhausting driving there and back in one day (I even attended all my classes the following morning). Anyways, Daniel had won the tickets from work for being the highest on the score card for the month--pretty dang good incentive if you ask me. And after working full-time at that awful place, Daniel really did deserve such a treat. It was exciting to be so spontaneous. We had great seats too (my pictures are out of order so I will label them accordingly) and exceptional free parking. Melalueca can spoil their employees well. This game was against San Antonio and turned out to be a really great game. (Jazz lost unfortunately)
Pictures from Game 1.
And the 3rd game. This one we had been planning for a while. My dearest best friend Kelsey bought tickets for her fiance for Christmas so we volunteered to tag along. This one was Kings v. Jazz. Our seats were the perfect combo between the other two games and the Jazz WON-in a most exciting overtime where were screamed ourselves hoarse.
Before the game we went to Provo to pick up Kelsey's wedding dress and visit with our cousins Jason and Kayli-who are always fun to hang out with. :)
The soon-to-be weds. Kelsey and Eric.
This time we made the decision to stay in a hotel. Was this a better idea than driving home until two in the morning? Possibly not. We made the last minute choice to use Priceline's "name your own price" option and it landed us a night at the Red Lion just seven blocks from the arena. Sounds good right? Well, the hotel seemed kinda old and smelled odd. But the staff was friendly and they gave us a free ride to the game. We wandered around downtown afterwards and ended up at PF Changs again for lettuce wraps and the Great Wall of Chocolate cake. Then we made our way back. First red flag should have been the bar connected to our hotel, second: the largest, dirtiest lingerie store with which we shared a parking lot and third: the bar/movie theater next to the dirty shop. Around one o'clock I woke up with a very frustrated spouse. Once I was awake I had no idea how I slept through the enormous amount of noise coming from below us and out in the parking lot. The "gentlemen" below us were hollering out their window at girls. Fortunately they even used their room number, while calling out said girls. After a half hour of incessant noise I got to call security. And I called them again. And again. And again. Until three in the morning. Apparently they have an inadequate security crew because nothing seemed to stop that party. And when the bar closed every drunk was left on the curb outside. Even though we were on the fifth floor, it was as if they were yelling directly at our window. Rough rough night. Daniel may have chucked pillows at anyone who snored that night. (Sorry Eric)
That morning as I checked us all out (Daniel prefers to not talk to people he is raging mad at), I got to chatting with the desk clerks and mentioned how awful a night we had, etc etc. And they offered us free breakfast! :) I have such persuasive skills sometimes. Still probably not worth it. But we all had fun in the process.
Lately, Daniel has just been working full-time and I've been a horrible senior student. I just want to be done. In three weeks we are driving out to Portland/Vancouver for Kelsey's wedding and then spending three days in Seattle just for kicks. We are very excited for an opportunity to escape responsibility. More then.
No comments:
Post a Comment