So...
We now live in Riverton, Utah, temporarily.
Daniel's wonderful Aunt Evon and Uncle Mike are letting us live in their great basement apartment, and it is turning into a extreme blessing. Daniel and I have about a 40 minute drive to work, which really hasn't been that bad. But then it snowed. Daniel had to turn back today and come home because I-15 was so backed up he would have never made it to work in under two hours.
Anyways, I had been working at the Layton Deseret Book, which was a great learning experience for me, but a window of opportunity appeared shortly after we arrived here. I received a call from the manager of the downtown store in Salt Lake with some interest in having me come work for him. However, someone else put the cherry on top that made me decided to move stores.
The director of merchandising called me with some interest in having me work as her assistant while I am here. I am extremely excited to be working in the corporate offices of Deseret Book. One for the things I will learn, but also for the people I will meet. This is a great opportunity for me that I never thought I would receive and I am feeling very blessed. I will be working both in the offices and at the Flagship Store. Go me!
Daniel is fitting in well with his internship and his co-workers. Piece by piece they are giving him more projects that challenge him and interest him in accounting. He has even taken on a customer account to be his own. They are very flexible with his schedule which is also a great blessing to help me get to work when I need to.
So far, I've learned how wonderfully kind people can be. Everyone we know has been so accommodating and so nice.
We are grateful for everyone's helpful hands and we are enjoying our time here.
We now live in Riverton, Utah, temporarily.
Daniel's wonderful Aunt Evon and Uncle Mike are letting us live in their great basement apartment, and it is turning into a extreme blessing. Daniel and I have about a 40 minute drive to work, which really hasn't been that bad. But then it snowed. Daniel had to turn back today and come home because I-15 was so backed up he would have never made it to work in under two hours.
Anyways, I had been working at the Layton Deseret Book, which was a great learning experience for me, but a window of opportunity appeared shortly after we arrived here. I received a call from the manager of the downtown store in Salt Lake with some interest in having me come work for him. However, someone else put the cherry on top that made me decided to move stores.
The director of merchandising called me with some interest in having me work as her assistant while I am here. I am extremely excited to be working in the corporate offices of Deseret Book. One for the things I will learn, but also for the people I will meet. This is a great opportunity for me that I never thought I would receive and I am feeling very blessed. I will be working both in the offices and at the Flagship Store. Go me!
Daniel is fitting in well with his internship and his co-workers. Piece by piece they are giving him more projects that challenge him and interest him in accounting. He has even taken on a customer account to be his own. They are very flexible with his schedule which is also a great blessing to help me get to work when I need to.
So far, I've learned how wonderfully kind people can be. Everyone we know has been so accommodating and so nice.
We are grateful for everyone's helpful hands and we are enjoying our time here.
No comments:
Post a Comment