Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cousins!

 This past weekend Daniel's sister Erin, her husband Jason, and their three girls moved here. We are all very excited to have some more family living so close, and even more excited Sophie has cousins who just adore her.
 They are all really sweet with her. Hannah will hold her and just be perfectly still. Bella loves to yell, "Baby Sophie!" and show her all kinds of tricks and read her stories {I know Sophie will appreciate this more some day, right now she really doesn't pay too much attention} And little Kira is so sweet and soft with her. All three girls love to just watch Sophie when she is awake. It is very cute.
 Our growing girl has kicked most of her three month clothes to the curb and is wearing mostly 3-6 month or 6 month clothes---at the wee age of 3.5 months.




 Because we are mean parents and love to see our baby in ridiculously cute clothes, we did buy a ladybug outfit that came with a hat that has antennae, but she is just too CUTE! I do call her Sophie Bug so I suppose it is appropriate. 







As sweet as this girl is, she recently decided that I cannot leave her side for more than an hour. A few times we have dropped her off at my parents' house only to receive a phone call shortly thereafter that a certain baby will not stop crying. That super loud, "I'm in distress!" cry. It's nice to be so loved by her, but we've got to get this figured out. I assume it's just a stage and she will be over it in no time. My poor mom has taken the brunt of it and I think Sophie now associates her with me leaving. We definitely have to fix that because that makes for a sad grandma.

1 comment:

  1. I think Stella was afraid of me leaving sometime around 2 or 3 months, but she eventually got over it. Now we can leave her with anyone. Good luck. Love the pictures. Wish I could see you all!

    ReplyDelete