Thursday, August 15, 2013

Starting Solids


What an adventure! We are slowly but surely experimenting on our child with a variety of tastes and textures. I have a sense that she may end up being a picking eater (where on earth would she get that from?!), but let's hope she proves me wrong. So far we have tried butternut squash, bananas, applesauce, avocado, carrots, and sweet potatoes. By far her favorite was the squash. Bananas and applesauce caused her to shudder---too sweet maybe? And carrots she just blew out of her mouth in one messy raspberry--texture perhaps? Avocados and sweet potatoes went fairly well. We definitely need to keep practicing and increase how much she's eating. Next on the menu: pears and apricots. Right now, I'm focusing on making all her food. I enjoy it and figure it's cheaper. And I still feel involved in her nutrition.






No comments:

Post a Comment