Weight: 16 lbs 11.5 oz. {50%}
Height: 27.25 inches {80%)--
She's not as abnormally tall as expected. Good for her.
I'm delayed getting this post up because it's been a funky couple of weeks. After her shots Sophie got a bit of fever. She was good for a few days then this week she got another fever. At first I thought maybe she was starting to get some teeth--she was pretty fussy too. She does a great really high pitched whine when she is uncomfortable. Her fever went up and down repeatedly, Tylenol seemed to help, but she is terrible at taking it. One time I was just finishing up giving her some and she threw up heavily all over me. It was pretty sad. That night she got up to 102. My nieces were sick last week, but they weren't ever really around Sophie--so maybe she somehow picked up whatever they had, but finally today she woke up with no fever and has been acting a little bit better.
We have been working on "sleep training" Sophie. I can't really say what "sleep training" is...all I know is that I was tired of having to lay down with Sophie for every nap. And I was getting worried that every bedtime she had to eat to put herself to sleep. So I moved up bedtime to eight/eight-thirty (was previously after nine), started a little bedtime routine that starts with eating, sometimes bath, story, prayer, and ends with laying her down awake. She has done amazing. It has been fairly easy. At naptime, she sometime fusses a little, but most times she almost welcomes naptime. I do however give her a blanket to cuddle--I usually check on her a thousand times because of it, but it seems to help her soothe herself to sleep. | This is Sophie's cute little backwards wave |
We learned something new about Sophie the other day. I was giving her a bath and noticed a tiny bump behind her ear. I checked the other ear and there was an identical one. It's very small and nearly invisible to the naked eye. Turns out, her Dad has the exact same little bumps on his ears. Totally random, but Daniel was pretty excited she shares this little quirk with him. She's more like him every day! (Except the whining, I think that's me)
| SEVEN MONTHS! |


No comments:
Post a Comment