I'm tired. Like I-just-had-a-newborn-baby kind of tired. Sophie just isn't sleeping. For almost a week now, whenever she wakes up she is up for at least an hour. Some mornings we are up at four or five for the day, one terrible day it was three a.m. Three a.m!? She cries when it comes to anything related to sleep and nursing has been awful too--I'm not friends with those teeth. I'm exhausted and my body hurts from endlessly holding my 20 lbs. baby trying to get her to sleep. (I shouldn't blog when I don't feel well)
In other news, a couple weekends ago Daniel and I were able to watch our Enger girls while their parents had a quick get-away to San Francisco. It was fun, but four kids was exhausting business. The girls were great. They were so helpful, sweet with Sophie, patient with her grumpiness, didn't fight, and all-around easy going girls. We had a few minor (one slightly more than minor) meltdowns, but that's to be expected. We tried to play games whenever Sophie napped--which was rare, she's a terrible napper when we aren't home. Grandpa Jensen came over around dinnertime each night and was a great help. Saturday the weather was surprisingly good so we went to lunch and then went to the park. The park was fun and it was great to get out of the house and run around. We played an intense game of hide-and-seek where Daniel hid so well we had to give up.
Saturday we made little Thanksgiving turkeys and Sunday after church we made a "Welcome Home" sign for their parents. Sophie honestly was the biggest chore the whole weekend. She was getting over being sick and just didn't sleep well and was grumpy. It was a fun weekend, but we were worn out by the end. It's a good thing you have one kid at a time (in most cases), rather than four at once.
| Sophie's new winter hat |
I'm so excited to see your baby girl again!! Hopefully she still loves me.
ReplyDelete