Sophie such a silly little bug. I am starting to noticed how shy and quiet she can be around strangers and knowing her personality at home, it shocks me how timid she can be! Daniel went out of town to Wyoming and Montana (exotic I know) for work for a whole week. It was a long week for Sophie and me, but we stayed busy. One day we went down to Freeman Park to see the leaves by the river before it was too late.
Then of course came Halloween. We resurrected our Alice in Wonderland costumes that I love and added Sophie, our Chesire Cat, to the mix. My mom and I made her costume--but really I just had this brilliant plan and my mom did most of the execution. Most of my efforts were spent finding the right colored onesie to match her tights that took over a month to get shipped--long story. She didn't mind her costume at all. She barely acknowledged her little tail and wore her ears like any other headband. It was pretty great. We got all decked out for our ward party where we won "Best Family Costume." Our ward party was crazy packed and had a lot of cute little kiddos and some amazing costumes. It was fun to see.
I love Daniel for being such a great sport and dressing up. His costume really is the one that makes the rest of us look awesome. And I'll forever love the dress Daniel's mom made for me.
Sometimes I get a little bored and make Sophie go through crazy photo shoots. She enjoyed this one though because she got to play with her favorite toy (cords) and eat pretty lights. As I was taking the pictures I figured my child shouldn't be munching on a string of lights, but we survived. And heck, she had a good time too.
| BOO! |
Halloween day I spent driving around looking for cinnamon oil for apple cider--never found it. That evening we went to Erin and Jason's to pass out candy while they took their darling girls around. I'm glad we did that. It made it feel more like Halloween and I love seeing kids all dressed up in their crazy costumes. We saw lots of Captain Americas, a matching pair of Meridas (the princess from Brave), ninjas, beautiful princesses, and, my favorite, a giant Jet-Puff boy. Erin's girls looked so cute and I'm glad we got some pictures of them with Sophie. Hannah's hat is amazing. I want one. Daniel and I decided to pass on dressing up in all our fanciness again and went as Red Sox fans since we both have tons of Red Sox gear and they just so happened to have won the World Series the day before. I was surprised at how many of the trick-or-treaters commented on our outfits--mostly positive, one negative little Cardinals fan. After that we went home to put our kitty to bed and ate lots of snacks and treats with Daniel's friends, played a game, and the boys watched a scary movie (I lasted 15 minutes).
| Sophie liked to greet Trick-or-Treaters at the door |
| Swingin' for the first time at Grandpa's |
| At the Ward Party |
| Our very illustrious award. |
It was a fun Halloween. Now I'm just getting more and more excited for Sophie to eat Thanksgiving dinner and then, CHRISTMAS!
Love your costumes!!
ReplyDelete