Daniel's dad came out for the weekend for a little visit. We honestly know little about Boise so we took him to some of the restaurants that we have tried, visited the aquarium, and swam at the hotel. It was a fun little weekend. The aquarium was a little ghetto, but Sophie was highly entertained. She giggled over and over and wanted to touch everything. She's hilarious.
So, this picture doesn't do it justice, but this is (more or less) Southeast Boise where we live. Lots of tree, nestled against the foothills. Downtown is just to the left and we live somewhere off to the right. We bought a used bike trailer for Sophie and me (my new car!) and I've had fun adventuring on nice weather days. We live really close to a lot of great parks where I've met some new friends. One day I pushed myself to ride all the way downtown which took somewhere around 30-40 min. It took longer than expected, but Sophie really seems to enjoy just cruisin' along behind me.
Daniel and I both got new iPhones and Sophie and I have been snapping lots of pictures. She likes our phones too much already. Mostly she likes to yell at Siri. Sophie's current hobbies are: smacking mom in the face with books, watching Sesame Street and Curious George, dancing, throwing raquetballs, going down the slide, and crawling all over the park.
 |
| V-day Cupcakes |
 |
| New Shoes! |
We did a DIY toys one morning and they worked for a while....
Church is at eleven...which happens to be the same time as naptime. A couple times she has fallen asleep just as we are ready to go out the door. We can never make it through all three hours of church before she just loses it. I go back for Relief Society because I lead the music {shocking, I know}. If you know how to avoid slipping into inactivity, let us know!
Sunday, we had a father of young children say that having little children is the time of spiritual darkness (I think his kids were being especially naughty). Eventually we will be able to learn at church again!
ReplyDeleteSo very true. It's unfortunate really.
DeleteHaha! I didn't know you led the music! I love all the pics. Looks like you are having lots of fun. I don't know if it was just the lighting but Sophie's hair in the first picture looks like there is a tint of red.
ReplyDeleteKelsey- It's terrifying! I can't sing and everyone just stares at me. I know how to lead, but that's about it. I think it might just be the picture, but it's coming in super blonde!
Delete