Apparently we take a lot of photos of baby eating.....Sophie can be a fickle little eater. Oftentimes she needs to have her own spoon and refuses to eat anything she can't feed herself. This gets messy very quickly.
We spoil Sophie (and ourselves) with too much Dairy Queen...it's SOOO close to our apartment. While we were sick we ate lots of milkshakes, much to Sophie's delight.
One night we found out that Ben and Jerry's was doing a free ice cream night. We decided to head downtown to get more ice cream! Sophie even got her own cone. Afterwards we explored downtown some more and enjoyed the beautiful evening weather. We came across an alley that is wildly decorated with graffiti. It was a fun little find. That weekend we decided to try a restaurant downtown where we could eat outside and enjoy the city.
| She was very serious about this cone |
Here's a hodge-podge of photos:
Sophie is still loving the park. We biked twenty minutes to a new park and it was beautiful! I think I enjoyed the ride more than the park. It was a little too crowded for a baby to crawl around. The ride there put us on the greenbelt surrounded by pear blossom trees. The air was so fragrant and a cool breeze blew off the river. It was so lovely.
Sophie tidbits:
- She now can make the sound for an elephant, a lion, and a duck. (No normal dog or cat noises for us)
- She still won't walk! Just standing around wildly pleased with herself.
- Sleep is AMAZING right now. It blows my mind every time I just put her in the crib wide awake and she goes to sleep--both naptime and bedtime. I know it may not last and I miss those sleepy cuddles already, but wow, it's amazing.
- A lady at the grocery store asked us if Sophie's hair color was all natural (I'm sure that was a rhetorical question) because of the varying shades of brown, blonde, and hints of red coming out in her hair.
- She hates riding in the car lately. She starts freaking out when we walk up to the car. It's very unpleasant.
- She is mastering the signs for Itsy Bitsy Spider.
- She has to have the water running while in the tub. If not, she just says "peez, peez," even if we turn the water down she asks for more. Such a princess.
- She makes us laugh--all the time! She's the best little gal we could ask for.
You guys all look great and I am jealous you get to go do all these fun things!
ReplyDelete