Last week Sophie and I went on a little adventure. Jason and Erin went on a work resort trip to Colorado and I got to go watch their girlies for them. We rode the shuttle out to Pocatello which was really nice because I just got to hang out with Sophie rather than worrying about her in the back seat all alone. Then Erin and the girls picked us up there.
My goal was to keep everyone happy by staying busy, keep the house moderately clean, and not kill any of their animals. I'm pleased to report I succeeded in all of those things. Hannah had a rough time when they first left and on the day they were coming home, but being older makes you more aware of what's going on, so that's understandable. The first day after Jason and Erin left I whisked everyone off to the library. It happened to be story time when we got there so we participated in that and a little craft after. All the girls got some books for the week and I almost lost Sophie for the first time, but we all survived. The girls have a million cute little friends who were almost more excited to see Sophie than they were. Sophie had a love/hate relationship with all of them. They tended to swarm her and scream "Hi Sophie!" to the point she would cry and run back to me. But she also loved following them around and doing cute things for them. (Like "Super Sophie!" complete with a cape and superhero arms and her plethora of animal noises)
One night we had friends over to watch Frozen. It was definitely the most adorable time I've ever watched that movie with all of them dancing and singing at the top of their lungs. We ended up at the Splash Park in Rexburg two days in a row because everyone had so much fun (and it killed a bunch of time and they had free lunch!). The second day we rode the carousel, which completely freaked Sophie out. Saturday we went to Ammon Days which was fun, but probably the most stressful thing I did all week. Everyone participated in everything, won tons of prizes, and ate buckets of junk food. Sophie tried cotton candy for the first time and loved it. Sunday we went to sacrament meeting and waited for mom and dad to come home. The week went by surprisingly fast and we all had a great time.
I "made" the girls go to Cocoa Bean with me. I'm so mean.
![]() |
| Greatest Cart Contraption Ever |
![]() |
| She looked too darn cute for church. They all did. |
A Talent Show for Sophie:
My favorite parts of the week:
- Playing with just Sophie and Kira. Watching the two of them is great fun.
- Listening to Kira talk to herself.
- Making paper dolls with just Hannah.
- Bella's incessant silliness that always makes Sophie smile.
- Sophie's endless supply of friends.
- Listening to the girls talk to their parent's on the phone. Their conversations are the best.
- Dressing up four little girls (five if you include myself) for church.
- Playing at the splash park.
- Somehow getting all of us free meals 3x's.
| Random Sophie Getting Into Trouble Photo |











































No comments:
Post a Comment