Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Thoughts on Mother's Day
I'm in love with my children. I love that when I look out my window I see a yellow windsock made with googly eyes and scribbles. I love that there are a pile of dead dandelions on my front step that are continuously brought to me by my enthusiastic three year old. I love that all throughout my house there are little (and big) signs that show that children live here. It's a fantastic part of life. I love watching Sophie create new things and articulate new sentences and feelings. I love how our conversations have expanded alongside her memory and vocabulary. Adding Emery to our family only makes me appreciate everyone that much more. I cherish every baby moment because before I know it she will be my three year old, but I look forward to the many milestones that we loved watching Sophie pass through. My heart nearly explodes as I think of these girls not being little anymore. I wish I could soak up every moment of quiet snuggles and silly games. I know I have room for improvement, but I hope these girls know that I would do anything for them and love them more than words can ever say. They are the highlight of each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment