Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Return of the Blog!

So, after a long and winding road, my laptop has been returned to my possession with only a few handicaps. 1) Everything has been erased and re-installed. I do still have my pictures and documents so that's good. 2) The wireless thing-a-ma-jig hiding deep within my computer is very much broken so now my laptop is the proud wearer of what looks like a USB drive on steroids. Haha. In order to get wireless internet, I must plug in this giant stick that looks like it ate three other USB drives. All in all, I'm happy I have it back.

How about an update about whats been going on these last couple of weeks? Ok.

Daniel and I registered a few weeks ago at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Macy's. I think the process was much less painful than Daniel expected, and I tried hard to make it quick and easy. The worst part was probably listening to the lady at BB&B ramble on and on about how she rambles and truly doesn't really like people. Yeah, she was a gem. Macy's took a grand total of maybe thirty minutes. We were starving, and done shopping for the day. But wait, the story gets better. Just last week I was checking all our registry stuff online to make sure everything was okay and shop for more presents. On the BB&B website a bunch of our quantities were off so I spent some time fixing those up, no big deal. But then I came across some rather bizarre stuff. I found that "apparently" Daniel had registered for 30, yes 30, $350 tiger print rugs! Yeah, tempting but no. I was rather perplexed as to how that happened, but no matter, I deleted it and it was gone. It gets better. Do you know what I found next? A breast pump, stroller, and some book on raising children. I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. Honestly, no idea how any of that stuff got on there. And if you buy us any of the previously mentioned products, well the rug...that's kinda weird and unnecessary for you to spend so much on something that won't fit in our apartment, and any of the latter stuff, well.... that's just uncalled for. Haha. There are no kids coming our way for a while.

All the way back on the 12th was Daniel's birthday. Yay! I was so stressed about what to get him, and I have no idea why. I guess I always pressure myself that I must buy the most perfect gift. I don't know how well I did, but he seemed to like everything. We went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my mom and his parents, and then cake and ice cream at his house, and then Daniel and I went to see Angels and Demons. Cool movie, but we really didn't like watching old men burn to death. It was a good weekend. Even if he had to drive all the way back to Rexburg to work Saturday. (This whole commuting thing has gotten old quickly for both of us.)

Newest wedding annoyance has been wedding announcements, bleh. I've seen nearly 12 drafts/proofs of announcements that have been everything from way to retro to just ugly. I gave the announcement people exactly what I wanted except it had tulips, and I wanted daisies. Not that difficult eh? Sure it is! It took them nearly three weeks to get me something that I was actually pleased with. What a pain. So now we are in the process of hand addressing each envelope with love. They'll be going out next week. Hope everyone likes them! And if for some reason I don't have your address please send it to me via Facebook or email me at ashleymarie8907@hotmail.com. If you think for just a second that I don't have it, just to be safe, send it to me again.

So that's all for now. We're really looking forward to the long fourth of July weekend and for the month of July in general. Summer finally starting to peek its little head out from behind all those rain clouds, and July is packed with lots of wedding to-do's. 51 days, 5 hours, and 6 minutes. Not that I'm counting....

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Thirty minutes? It took Dianna and I 3 hours just to get through the first store!! Good job. Hilarious stuff on your registry. You will definately be getting a breast pump from us!!!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete