Last semester Daniel was working in Rexburg and living in IF, so every time that I could I would go home with him for the weekend. One particular weekend (February 7th) he told me that he wanted me to come home with him on a Saturday night after work to have dinner with his parents. This wasn't anything out of the ordinary, so we made our way home and we so often did. I wasn't necessarily expecting a proposal that day. I knew it was coming, but no idea when, although I did have a hunch it would be on Valentine's Day, which was also our 6 month anniversary. I was wrong. So, we showed up at his parents house and lo and behold there is no food. Curious.... His mom fed me a very well played lie (I can't believe she lied to me! Haha (: ) about having Daniel and I take some book to a friend. Daniel and I jumped back in the truck. He claimed he wanted a CD so he ran back in the house and grabbed one, and I'm supposing a ring as well. :) We drove up in the hills in Ammon and I was as oblivious as can be. I didn't suspect a thing until we pulled over on a random spot of road. It was then that my heart started racing and I lost all feeling of my arms and legs. I was frozen in the car until he came and opened the door and let me out. We stood there and admired the beauty of our cute lil Idaho Falls admist a gorgeous golden sunset. It was perfect. Daniel seemed relatively cool and unnerved but when I get nervous I talk a lot. So I was chatting away as fast as humanly possible. But he quickly got to the point. And before I could say anything else he was on one knee in a pile of snow with my beautiful ring in his hand. He bravely ventured to do the whole thing in french <
Monday, June 1, 2009
The Proposal :)
So since nothing exciting is going on right now, except the usual wedding plans, I figured I would post our lovely proposal story.
Last semester Daniel was working in Rexburg and living in IF, so every time that I could I would go home with him for the weekend. One particular weekend (February 7th) he told me that he wanted me to come home with him on a Saturday night after work to have dinner with his parents. This wasn't anything out of the ordinary, so we made our way home and we so often did. I wasn't necessarily expecting a proposal that day. I knew it was coming, but no idea when, although I did have a hunch it would be on Valentine's Day, which was also our 6 month anniversary. I was wrong. So, we showed up at his parents house and lo and behold there is no food. Curious.... His mom fed me a very well played lie (I can't believe she lied to me! Haha (: ) about having Daniel and I take some book to a friend. Daniel and I jumped back in the truck. He claimed he wanted a CD so he ran back in the house and grabbed one, and I'm supposing a ring as well. :) We drove up in the hills in Ammon and I was as oblivious as can be. I didn't suspect a thing until we pulled over on a random spot of road. It was then that my heart started racing and I lost all feeling of my arms and legs. I was frozen in the car until he came and opened the door and let me out. We stood there and admired the beauty of our cute lil Idaho Falls admist a gorgeous golden sunset. It was perfect. Daniel seemed relatively cool and unnerved but when I get nervous I talk a lot. So I was chatting away as fast as humanly possible. But he quickly got to the point. And before I could say anything else he was on one knee in a pile of snow with my beautiful ring in his hand. He bravely ventured to do the whole thing in french <> with only minor pronounciation errors. :) It was perfect. My mind spun while I decided to answer in English or French, and I did exactly what I said I wouldn't do: I said "yeah". Haha. Oops. But it all means the same thing. He had cleverly collaborated with my mother and roommates and he had my lil black dress and shoes and stockings (the whole deal, he is good) ready to go for a fantastic dinner. And that's that. We're getting married and couldn't be happier. :)
Last semester Daniel was working in Rexburg and living in IF, so every time that I could I would go home with him for the weekend. One particular weekend (February 7th) he told me that he wanted me to come home with him on a Saturday night after work to have dinner with his parents. This wasn't anything out of the ordinary, so we made our way home and we so often did. I wasn't necessarily expecting a proposal that day. I knew it was coming, but no idea when, although I did have a hunch it would be on Valentine's Day, which was also our 6 month anniversary. I was wrong. So, we showed up at his parents house and lo and behold there is no food. Curious.... His mom fed me a very well played lie (I can't believe she lied to me! Haha (: ) about having Daniel and I take some book to a friend. Daniel and I jumped back in the truck. He claimed he wanted a CD so he ran back in the house and grabbed one, and I'm supposing a ring as well. :) We drove up in the hills in Ammon and I was as oblivious as can be. I didn't suspect a thing until we pulled over on a random spot of road. It was then that my heart started racing and I lost all feeling of my arms and legs. I was frozen in the car until he came and opened the door and let me out. We stood there and admired the beauty of our cute lil Idaho Falls admist a gorgeous golden sunset. It was perfect. Daniel seemed relatively cool and unnerved but when I get nervous I talk a lot. So I was chatting away as fast as humanly possible. But he quickly got to the point. And before I could say anything else he was on one knee in a pile of snow with my beautiful ring in his hand. He bravely ventured to do the whole thing in french <
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey ashley! i just added you as one of my "friends" on my blog :) my address is jaymieandmark.blogspot.com yaay now we can be blog friends! :)
ReplyDeleteHey friend!!! Welcome to the blogging world..be careful..it's addicting! I'm so happy you found someone to spend eternity with! Marriage is awesome. Soak in all you can on your wedding day because it will be over and done with before you know it! If you want to look out blog is at habriscoe.blogspot.com!
ReplyDeleteAshley!!! Yay for getting married! We need to become blogstalking buddies :) www.joannaeric.blogspot.com It totally is graduation from facebook, just like you said haha. I'm way excited for you guys to get hitched.
ReplyDeleteHey Ashley, I found your blog on Jenna's blog! How fun is that! Our blog is judysledheads.blogspot.com if you want to visit! It will be fun keeping track of you even after you get married and move back to Rexburg!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Claudine
I found this website with all of these wedding ideas. You might want to take a look. It is http://www.i-do-it-yourself.com/
ReplyDelete