Daniel's mom's side of the family had a reunion the last weekend in July. We headed down to Park City and Wasatch National Park for the festivities. We were especially excited that two of Daniel's sisters were going to be able to make it.
Initially we planned on camping all three nights....but we were kinda wimps. Two of the nights we ended up in the extra bed in Marci and Alan's hotel room. I cherish my sleep greatly so it was definitely worth the additional thirty minutes drive between the reunion and the hotel. We were able to hit up the outlet malls for some shopping and dined on some delightful meals.
Reunion day we met up with everyone and basically hung out for several hours. And that's truly the beauty of family reunions--whether you have one every summer or once a lifetime you can stick dozens of people together and expect to have a great day simply passing the time. There were lots of kids so they kept themselves entertained with waterguns and balloons. The older kids played cards and the oldest kids played the most intense game of Pit I've ever seen. There was lots of screaming and occasional accusations of cheating, but that's typical family fun. We played a family trivia game that was quite cute, and very informative for someone such as myself (so new to the fam). Dinner was delicious and dessert was just divine--dutch oven cakes and ice cream. Hugs and kisses and everyone parted ways. Until next time....
The before-mentioned Pit Game. I now see where Daniel gets his competitive drive.
Alan & Andy
Everyone was very impressed that Daniel put Calvin to sleep
A rather interesting game of Bonzana {more commonly referred to as the Bean Game at our house}. It was quite fun.
My attempt at playing badmitton with a bunch of young boys. Basically I watched them swing and miss eighteen times in a row only to finally make contact and knock it clear into the trees. You have to admire the heart of these kids though. They were persistant and positive the entire time. I, on the other hand, may have been less so, but it sure was entertaining.
**Love this baby**
**Love this boy**
With her dad's assistance, Ally was very successful at luring the geese nearer and nearer to herself with leftover sandwich pieces.
Great weather the whole time we were there.
Thanks to everyone who made the reunion possible. It was so great to meet all these news faces and people I had only heard of. I am very blessed to have a great extended family in addition to my own. Park City was just beautiful, and we would do it again in a heartbeat. We'll get our own hotel room this time. Tents....well...they're tents. :)
My attempt at playing badmitton with a bunch of young boys. Basically I watched them swing and miss eighteen times in a row only to finally make contact and knock it clear into the trees. You have to admire the heart of these kids though. They were persistant and positive the entire time. I, on the other hand, may have been less so, but it sure was entertaining.
Thanks to everyone who made the reunion possible. It was so great to meet all these news faces and people I had only heard of. I am very blessed to have a great extended family in addition to my own. Park City was just beautiful, and we would do it again in a heartbeat. We'll get our own hotel room this time. Tents....well...they're tents. :)
This weekend we are off to see more nieces! Yay! We leave for Arkansas on Saturday and we will be out there for a week. Thank goodness those insane three digit temperatures have cooled down out there...
No comments:
Post a Comment