Monday, April 30, 2012

Final Days in Utah

After we got home from Vegas we had a jammed packed week.

  • Saturday: We had a triple date with our friends Andy & Sariah and Darla & Sam. We went out to dinner and to a Real Salt Lake soccer game. It was a surprisingly fun game. Afterwards we played games and such. 
  • Sunday: Easter! We spoke at church and it was the most well-received talk either of us had given. We used a book I picked up at work and walked through the last seven days of the Savior's life, ending with Easter Sunday. I'll admit it was a different and interesting talk. We enjoyed preparing them. We really liked the ward we were in too. I wish we could have got to know them better.
  • Monday: Checked out City Creek with Andy (for the third time). We went to a Jazz game (vs. the Spurs) with tickets we scored at Fanzz for buying $50 worth of stuff for the aforementioned Real Salt Lake game. 
  • Tuesday: We had won tickets at my work party to the Hale Center Theater. We had a nice dinner out and then saw Zorro: The Musical. We loved it! It was a super small theater with the stage in the center. Quite a few of the cast were very talented! I'm happy to add it to the list of musicals I have seen live. 
  • Wednesday: Went on a double date with Darla and Sam to a Thai restaurant in downtown Salt Lake called Sawadees. That was a first for almost all of us. It was delightful! It was even more sad since it was our last night there, but we had a really great time with Darla and Sam. (Don't worry guys, we'll be back). 
  • Thursday: We caravan-ed back to Rexburg with Daniel's dad. I'm a little sad. And I miss my job. But here we are.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Hale Center Theater. My parents have always had season tickets. I am glad you enjoyed your time in Utah.

    ReplyDelete