Friday, March 15, 2013

Bundle of Joy

I try to be good and put Sophie on her belly a little bit each day, but it usually turns into eat-the-blanket time.
 We will keep working on that.
 I had a thought the other day: my friend and I were discussing how much our lives have changed since we had babies.We laughed at people who post things online about preparing for newborns because (ourselves included) you don't know anything until it happens. I started thinking how "happiness" has changed for me. Yes, I am happy. And yes, I am exhausted, always cleaning up poop and spit up, and I don't always get a shower. It is a different kind of happy. It isn't the giddy, jump up and down happy. It's quieter, more subtle, and humbling. It is a fulfilling, deeper happiness.

My role has changed significantly as well. For the past year, I worked non-stop (and almost always have) and now I stay at home all day. I am grateful to Daniel for making this part of my life possible, but it is different than anything I've ever done before. Here's to new challenges, finding a hobby, and being motivated to put on make-up once in a while. 

 Here she is on her two month birthday! And she's huge!
She really is such a happy girl. Considering what a colicky baby I was, I feel very grateful to have a smiling little babe. 




She loves her swing. Lately she has discovered that she can see her reflection on the bottom of the mobile and it is very entertaining for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment