Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Our Growing Girl

 Things are starting to mellow out around here. Sophie and I are settling into a schedule which makes things slightly more predictable. However, I am exhausted. I don't know if that will ever change though. Last week we moved out of my parents' house and into our new place. It's nice to be in our own space. Spencer bought Sophie a dress in Nicaragua for church. I found out that getting myself and a baby ready for church is almost more exhausting than it is worth.
 I cannot get enough playtime with this baby. She has the most kissable cheeks that are getting increasingly chubby and can give me the biggest smiles. One night at three in the morning or so, while I bounced her trying to will her back to sleep, she looked me straight in the eyes and gave me a big smile. Moments like that make all the hard work worth it.
 Sophie is blessed to have two sets of grandparents that cannot get enough of her. Every time we visit it becomes a contest to see who can get the biggest smiles out of her


 We get smiles from kisses and funny noises. Slowly we are getting Sophie to make noises back to us.
 She is discovering her tongue and boy is it long!
 I feel the impulse to keep her bundled up because it is so cold here and her hands and toes get cold. I cannot wait for summer.
 Uncle Spencer adores Sophie and she seems to like him too. For a while he was my assistant when I had to suck boogers out of our poor congested girl. She hates it tremendously, but always seems pleasantly surprised when she can breath again.



Sophie really is a great little baby. She doesn't fuss much unless she is hungry and sometimes when she is tired. Right now we are working on going to bed instead of wanting to stay up and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment