Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"Whenever I feel the rain on my face..."


 Daniel's sweet mother's funeral was yesterday. It was emotionally and physically exhausting. So many kind friends and family showed up to share their love for such a kind lady. The chapel was completely full. It was a beautiful tribute to her. Daniel gave the family prayer at the viewing and he did a lovely job. You could feel the love he has for her. I am forever grateful I married into such an amazing family. Daniel's aunt Loretta gave a beautiful sketch of Norma's "early years" before she married Scott. Loretta was 12 when Norma was born so she remembers so much of her life. Then Daniel's brother-in-law Jason gave a life tribute written by Daniel's sister Erin. It captured so much of who Norma was and what was so important to her-family and service. She loved with all her heart. Daniel's brother Alan sang. I am grateful I was able to hear him sing. Norma always bragged about how talented he is and she was right. He has a wonderful gift.



 It drizzled most of the day which seemed appropriate. My heart feels broken. I'm still somewhat in shock. The burial took place at Ammon Cemetery. After the pallbearers placed their boutonnieres on the casket each of the grandkids placed a flower they picked on there as well. Sophie was adorable and wouldn't let go of the flower and had the biggest smile on her face.



























I'm forever grateful for the kind hearts and hands that have helped us. I know the road ahead will be rocky.

1 comment: