Sophie's pretty awesome and all, but Daniel and I are still around too. I forget that sometimes. She seriously the cutest thing ever and highly distracting. Anyways, our four year anniversary happened a while back. We broke away for a whole hour to play tennis together. Sophie did great with my parents which was fantastic--we should have stayed out longer. It's too bad they are moving to Boise....
Then my birthday rolled around the week after that. I know I only turned 24, but I felt old. It just felt different. Honestly I thought about my mother-in-law a lot too and that made it a rough day. That evening we had a delicious Italian style dinner made by my family, Daniel bought me an amazing cake, and we hung out. Sophie thought the whole day was just so exciting that she didn't take a nap all day. It was the most bizarre day ever. She did go to bed early, but she was a happy, awake little gal most of the day.
This past weekend we went with Erin and Jason's family and Daniel's Dad and hiked up around Heise. It was fun and Sophie did great. She's just awesome. She's had some really happy days lately. Sunday she was really social which isn't normal for her. And today (Labor Day) she has just loved having both Mom and Dad around. She was cuddling with Daniel on the couch when she suddenly discovered how to play peek-a-boo. She pulled the blanket up to face and pulled it back down over and over. She has done it a couple different times now. All of a sudden she seems like a more independent baby. She has two little teeth just under her bottom gums--they'll probably poke through soon. I just can't get enough of this baby lately, she's so cuddly and happy. She's getting her own little personality. It's just plain great.
I am feeling sad I don't see you more
ReplyDelete