Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Spy

 My mom, Grandma Chipman, and Great-Aunt Bebe are notorious quilters. They do amazing work, and can do it amazingly fast. My mom often comes home with a whole quilt pieced together after being there for a week. While we were there it was the Dallas "Quilt Hop" which is some four hundred mile drive around the Dallas/Fort Worth area hitting up tons of quilt shops. The ladies just stopped by a few. I was so surprised when my grandma and aunt gave us this "I Spy" quilt for Sophie on our last day there. These quilts are so darn cute. Each block is cut to have a specific object. There are animals, princesses, food, characters, a Texas Flag, a Marines emblem for my grandpa, and other cute little finds. We brought it over to show our nieces and played "I Spy" with them. They really liked it. Sophie uses is as a play quilt right now, but we are learning about new things on it all the time. I'm so blessed to have such talented ladies in my life to make such memorable things for my babies.





No comments:

Post a Comment