Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Beautiful Days in May

For the most part, the weather this month has been great. At the first of the month we started our family history class and it has been a great experience learning more about our families and hearing stories and experiences from our class members. This month has also been emotionally hard. We have a lot going on right now and it's officially been a year since Daniel's mom passed away. All those emotions have been a little extra raw and I've been thinking about her even more than usual.
 
Daniel treated me very well for Mother's Day. We ate out downtown Saturday night and had a yummy breakfast at home Sunday. He gave me a gift I'm really excited about. It's a beautiful journal that Daniel and our kids will write/color in each year for Mother's Day. I can just feel how special it is going to be. Mother's Day afternoon we met up with my parents at a great park, despite the tornado-like winds we had a good time.
 
 
I love this picture so so much. This is Sophie's "stressed out" face. She makes this face when she can't do something or can't have what she wants. It's hilarious.

Out to dinner


I always make ridiculous faces when Daniel takes pictures of me opening gifts. I guess I feel like I need to be more excited.
Despite her face here Sophie has been doing really well in Nursery. It's so cute to see her be so independent.




Sophie is a little freaked out by swings.
My parents brought Daniel's bike the last time the went to Idaho Falls. We finally got to bike the greenbelt as a family. It's absolutely gorgeous. The paths are wide and easy to ride while trailing a baby. We stopped so Sophie could throw rocks in the river. It's her new favorite activity. It's amazing that this is just down the street from our house and around the corner from downtown Boise. I'm really going to miss living in the area.





Daniel is part of a "Living the Brand" team at work. They participate in active community events. Last weekend was the Famous Idaho Potato Run and he ran the 5k for PowerBar. He did great-never stopped--and I think he wants to do more running events like these. Sophie and I attempted to meet him as he crossed the bridge over the river, but Sophie tumbled on the asphalt just a few yards away and Daniel ran past before we could catch up.




Sophie LOVES Mickey Mouse. She would lay like this watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for hours if we let her.

The weekend we saw Wicked my parents took Sophie to the zoo!
 
Sophie's hair is getting really long in the back and the sides are slowly catching up, but for now it's a little mullet-like. I attempted two side ponytails one day which were pretty cute, but didn't hold up.

I'm grateful every day to have such a sweet, affectionate girl. She's getting a million teeth right now, but she really isn't as grumpy as she could be. She loves to snuggle and give hugs and kisses. She is the best.




We like to go on adventures around our apartment. We tried our pool for the first time. It was cold!

The carseat is more fun inside the house

Apparently the 5k wore her out.
 
A few funny things:
  • She's obsessed with shoes. One day she had nothing but a diaper and shoes on because she bring them to me and begs to have them put on.
  • She is also obsessed with our shoes. Multiple times a day she brings me my shoes (she wants to go outside most of the time)--she does a great job at always bringing me a matching pair.
  • Whenever she gets picked up she immediately reaches her hand out saying please searching for something she wants.

2 comments:

  1. Stella also loves throwing rocks into water, and did have a shoe obsession for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love love her hair. So cute. I can't believe we have girls so close in age and they can't play with each other. Funny thing, Ruby loves shoes too. I think that also means "bye bye" and she gets to go play. And good for Daniel! My mom made me go running with her and it actually felt so good. But I hate doing it by myself. I need my mom to tell me stories and distract me ha.

    ReplyDelete