Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother's Day

I was far too spoiled for Mother's Day. Daniel bought me a new camera lens that gives me dreamy blurry backgrounds like this (excuse my early morning model):


 I'm taking pictures for a friend's wedding and I wanted this new lens for that and for our family vacation in July. Maybe it will have to count for my birthday too. We all drove out to my parent's house after church for a yummy dinner. I made Daniel take pictures of Sophie and me because I feel like we never have anything but crazy selfies together. 











 Sophie does this adorable thing when she holds your face in her hand, then she usually looks for a second person and gives everyone kisses. It's silly and ridiculously cute. 
































I also wanted Daniel to capture part of our bedtime routine. Sophie requests "pee-low" and "bank-it" and we snuggle next to the closet and book shelf. Then we read until I can read no more. After that she gets scooped up, pillow, blanket and all, and put in her bed. She's getting remarkably good at repeating back sentences and phrases to books that we read a lot. I've even caught her reciting a book to herself while in the bathtub or in the car. She can say the whole last page of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear." We have two copies so it's extra fun to read side-by-side. Those moments snuggled up to her are truly the best parts of being a mom. 






1 comment: