As usual, there are photo leftovers after a long stream of blogging.
Sophie and I randomly got to have a grandma day in downtown Boise which was super fun!
We have these wonderfully kind older neighbors who always love a visitor or two. We took them our pack and play to borrow for some grandkids and they wanted Sophie to try out their rocking horse that has been in the family for over 100 years! What an amazing piece of family history. Sure, it has had a few breaks and fixes along the way, but they have pictures of great-great grandpa on it. So neat.
So since everyone else was taking their little girls to see the new Cinderella movie and I really wanted to see it we thought we would take Sophie. She loves popcorn and she loves movies so we thought she would make it through just fine. Wrong. So wrong. She liked the previews and the little Frozen short before the movie but was awful every moment after that. She flipped the empty chair next to us, talked loudly, lost her binky, spilled a whole cup of water...Daniel took her out and came back. Then I took her out and came back. Then I took her down to the front where at least we weren't sitting by anyone and then she proceeded to honk like a goose and stomp around loud enough that Daniel could hear her up in the top of the theater. I took her out again. Then I tried sitting in the hall and watch the movie while Sophie pulled on my shirt and said, "Mommmmmmy, let's go!" It did no go well and I saw about 50% of the movie. We won't be trying that again any time soon.
Sophie found the ants on the patio very interesting.
So proud of her mess.
Sophie and Tessa climbing under the bed.
So Favre the dog follows Sophie around whenever we are babysitting, especially if she is holding a snack cup. It's really cute when Sophie feeds him, but I think those dogs eat nothing but goldfish crackers when we are there.
Say hello to my first real child induced injury. Thankfully it was not maliciously given or else I would be a lot more upset about it. I was sitting on the floor next to Sophie and she had a toy xylophone in her hands. She turned it sharply and accidentally knocked me right on the edge of the bone under my eye. It instantly swelled up and I had to sport a black eye for four or five days. Thankfully the next day was conference and I didn't have to go anywhere until Tuesday night. You could still tell something was there, but I did my best to cover it up. Daniel said he felt guilty even though he wasn't the one that gave it to me. It sure look liked the work of someone bigger than Sophie.
























No comments:
Post a Comment