Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Allen's are Moving & So are We

 Since October, I've been watching our friends' (Molly & Casey) kids (Tessa & Blake). Tessa is just seven months younger than Sophie. They have had some really wonderful times together and some epic fights, but they really do love each other. They get so excited to see each other. My favorite was when Sophie and I would go get Tessa when she woke up in the morning. Sophie would burst in there and climb up on the crib and they would essentially just yell at each other. They could barely contain their excitement. It's been a great teaching opportunity for Sophie on how to play with friends (although she's still far from perfect) and how to be soft with babies. I've loved getting to know Molly and spending time over at their house visiting her even when I wasn't babysitting. They recently made the decision to move to Alaska which made me terribly upset, but guess what? We are moving too, so I guess it doesn't matter too much in the end.





So back in March Daniel found out that they are closing the PowerBar factory where he works. First PowerBar was sold from Nestle to Post. Then Post shifted PowerBar from CEO to CEO and never really made strong efforts to incorporate the company. They are moving production to a co-manufacturer in Nashville so everyone at the factory is out of work. We waited awhile, but then Daniel started applying for work elsewhere. He had a handful of leads and a handful of rejections. He had a few interviews and was really close to landing a job at Scentsy in Meridian. That would have been a spectacular place to work, but the position was more of a side-step in his career than a forward motion. That same week he had a phone interview with Kyani out of Idaho Falls. They wanted to meet with him in person after that. So he ended up driving to Idaho Falls while I was already there helping out Daniel's sister who just had a baby. He loved his interview and it went really well. They called the next day just after we got back to Boise with a great offer. We mulled it over for the weekend, but it was too good to pass up. We didn't hear back from Scentsy until the end of that week and they didn't offer him the job anyways. It looks like we were meant to go back to Idaho Falls. I'm a little torn about it still. I'm bummed about having to sell our first house that we've been in for only a year (I've been having to keep it crazy clean. I'm exhausted) And I love our friends, ward, my calling, & Boise in general. I'm excited about a lot of things in Idaho Falls too, but this will be the hardest move yet. Not too mention my mom is really not thrilled about us leaving her here. Sorry mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment