After watching Daniel run all these race events for a year, we decided I should probably participate. Plus, I thought it would be more fun than dropping him off at the start and then waiting at the finish. So Daniel signed both of us up for the Famous Potato Race 5K which is really fun one that runs along the greenbelt and through two parks. I did little to no training and had a major stitch in my side and I sped walked the whole middle portion. I eventually gave Daniel the go-ahead to carry on without me. He pushed Sophie in our new jogging stroller and they had a lovely time. It was a breeze for him, but I could barely walk the next day. It was fun though.
Some of our close friends here have parents that live in a small town outside of Kuna called Melba. Her parents have forty acres up on a hill with horses, cows, chickens, and ponies. It's really beautiful out there. Sophie absolutely loved it. They saddled up the ponies and I thought Sophie would be too chicken to ride, but she took off like a champ. My friend led her around, but Sophie rode like it was nothing. I was so surprised. She even had a cowgirl hat and kept yelling, "YEE-haw!"
My friend's brother also caught a baby coyote for some reason. Sophie thought that was pretty cool too.















No comments:
Post a Comment