Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Baby Shower

 My darling Mother and Mother-in-law and my pal Kelsey went to town on planning an adorable baby shower for me and baby Sophie. I always feel so overwhelmed when people show so much love and kindness at these types of things. The fact that it was for my unborn child made all the more emotional. I did, however, manage to not cry--although I was close.


The theme was "My Favorite Things" so Mom made all my favorite treats....
Homemade Caramels, Cocoa Bean Cupcakes, Fruit dip, and homemade Snack Mix.
 For someone so tiny, Sophie sure merits large presents. :) I received the largest packages I've ever seen. It was so fun though. A huge thank you to everyone who came and/or sent gifts. We were sufficiently spoiled and I felt enormously more prepared after this. We didn't have much to begin with.

Lara~Everyone wants to make homemade wipes now. :)
Marci and Erin~ I cannot tell you how happy I am you picked a stroller for me! I couldn't decide, so I am so pleased you did it for me. And I love it!
Dianna~The diaper genie is awesome! What a great extra convenience.
(Wish you all could have been there) :)



Kelsey E. & Alexis snatched up Carter and Ruby as soon as they could. Who could resist?
 I may have been upstaged at the party by Lara's six week old baby boy Carter and Kelsey's four week old Ruby. They were kind of the life of the party.


Marva (my mentor from my time working for Corporate Deseret Book) made it for a short while--She was in town for the opening of our new store. I was super happy she could come.

 Mom had me play her own made up game called "Fill the Diaper Bag." Kelsey asked me questions about babies {how many diapers they use a day, when they start teething, how much they sleep, etc}and if I got it right {which I didn't the majority of the time unfortunately--some of those were tough questions!} then I got to pick an item out of a basket to help fill my diaper bag. It was pretty cute. And it was fun to hear answers and suggestions from all the awesome moms that came to the party.
Lori, Nancy, Kelsey, Alexis


 One of the items for the diaper bag was a homemade book of pictures of Spencer so Sophie can get to know him. He is very concerned that she loves him when he gets back from his mission.
Grandma checking out the pictures of Spencer

 Baby girls seriously get the cutest clothes ever. I have to laugh though, because if an adult wore some of the stuff we put these babies in it would just be outrageous.
Mom and LeAnn

The amazing quilt my Mom made for Sophie (and a matching one for baby Ruby)

Everyone had a laugh looking through my baby book

Audra, Kelsey, Lara, Norma, me, Mom, Alexis, Kelsey, LeAnn

We had too much fun chatting and hanging out so we didn't get to the craft Mom had planned. She had all the fixings for making adorable headbands, but that's okay. She and I have got together a couple times and just had fun making them whenever we have time. This baby better love headbands because she will have just a few....

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Ashley! Looks like a very fun baby shower! And you look adorable!! ;) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley I wish I could have been there! Your little girl is going to be so spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry we couldn't be there. I hope you like the stroller. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete