Sunday, December 2, 2012

Update

26 Weeks

30 Weeks
 So here we are. This week marks 33 weeks, so it's about time for another picture. I will get right on that....

Anyways, its been a stressful and exciting semester for us this fall. I've been fairly moderate as far as pregnancy symptoms go. Just increased sleepiness (which is surprising since I am a naturally sleepy person anyways) and varied appetite. Sometimes I feel like eating, sometimes not so much. Really I don't have too many complaints about being pregnant. It is just kinda awkward getting increasingly large and lately I get so winded I can hardly have a conversation with someone without getting short of breath. My emotions lately have been a little more sensitive due to lots of things outside of just being pregnant, but that it is to be expected I suppose. I was dying to have our baby here a couple weeks ago and now I am seriously freaked out about going into labor any day...Really not looking forward to that part.

Daniel is due to graduate next week! It's going to be such a relief to have our schedule back to ourselves for a few weeks before baby Sophie comes. He is trying to find work in Idaho Falls so we don't have to move right away or right after she's born, but pickings in that town are pretty slim. We are waiting to hear on a job he just interviewed for, so we shall see.

About a month ago we took a preparing for baby class at the hospital in Idaho Falls where I am planning on delivering. Really my hope from this class was just to get to know the hospital and their procedures and feel comfortable with where things are. It was a really long class though. 9-3 one Saturday. The first half of the class was kind of a waste of time. They talked about nutrition and other "no duh" type of things that I figure any pregnant woman should know. Then they took us up to one of the rooms, walked us through how the general procedures go, how they do an epidural (which I thought was pretty interesting), and after that everything they talked about back in the classroom were things I was interested in--relaxation techniques, recommendations for labor positions, C-sections (just in case), and the ins-and-outs of various stages of labor and delivery. Even though it was a long day, Daniel and I were fairly pleased with some of the info they gave us.

However, our main incentive for going was that they give you a free 4D ultrasound if you take a tour of the hospital after the class. Worth it--I think yes! After some scheduling nightmares we finally got this little profile pic of our baby girl:
This is a picture of the picture they gave us, so the quality is awesome! :)
Her arm looks freaky in this picture, but I assume that's just how the ultrasound picks up her skinny little arms. She was a little difficult to get a picture of since she is already head down and in the proper birthing position and she had her cute little arms crossed right across her face and chin. She looks like she will really like being all swaddled up. We brought my mom to this ultrasound and I think she really enjoyed being able to watch her up on the TV screen. We even had them double check she is a girl. She is pretty perfect if you ask me.

Work is getting a little too tiring for me so I have officially put in my two weeks notice. Working retail during the holidays is exhausting for anyone. Working retail during the holidays while 33+ weeks pregnant is crazy if you ask me. I sleep whenever possible, and Sundays I usually end up taking multiple naps. Not to much I am deathly afraid of working myself in labor while at work...not my ideal birth plan. It will certainly be weird leaving Deseret Book after 4.5 years. I have had a lot of wonderful training opportunities with them and it really was the best job to get me through college. I am really looking forward to moving towards staying at home and being with baby.

The next couple weeks are going to be crazy, stressful, and exhausting, but then we should  be free to relax a little for the holidays. We are really looking forward to having Erin, Jason, and their girls in Idaho Falls for Christmas so that will certainly be fun.

Well it's nine o'clock and I've had two naps today.... I think I'll go to bed now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed hearing about the epidural. I had to leave the room because it was making me light-headed. We are so excited for your little girl and Daniel's graduation.

    ReplyDelete