- Name: Sophie Mae Jensen
- Nicknames: Sophie Lulu/CooCoo/BooBoo/DooDoo/RooRoo, Squirt, Sophie Bug
- Hair Color: Brown with some beautiful blonde roots growing in
- Eyes: Smoky Gray with a hint of Green
- Personality Traits: Shy, but often friendly. Playful, sensitive, happy. Excellent potential for silliness.
- Favorite Activities: Following mommy around the house, pulling magnets off the fridge, playing with grocery bags, being chased, riding in grocery carts, dancing to TV shows' theme songs.
- Favorite Toys: Baby remote (and all other button-covered objects), cords of all shapes and sizes, car keys, wipe containers, balloons.
- Favorite Foods: Cheese, Key Lime Yogurt, Ice cream, and Puffs.
- I look extra cute in: footie jammies, sweaters, and hats.
- Funny Things I do: A variety of silly noises (tongue flapping, lip strumming, bubble blowing, monkey screeching), "Be Cute" (turns head onto shoulder and smiles), waves bye-bye, wrinkling up nose and pursing lips together, clinging to mom like a koala cub and falling asleep on her chest.
- Things I Like to Do: Follow other children around, spit water out of my mouth like a fountain, feel the wind in my face, give big, slobbery, open-mouthed kisses.
- Favorite Songs: Itsy Bitsy Spider and 5 Little Monkeys (in a tree, not a bed)
- Un-Favorite Things: Lying flat for more than two seconds, being too tired, getting teeth, when mommy ignores me for more than two seconds, and having things taken away that I want (but shouldn't have)
- Unique Things About Me: I have two identical bumps on the back of my ears just like my daddy (and some of my aunts) and I have a stork's bite on the back of my neck just like my mommy.
- The Best Part about being One: Mom and Dad will do anything to make me laugh. And I get infinite kisses.
My mom got Sophie a singing birthday card and she thinks it's the coolest thing ever. My favorite is that she looks up and smiles when it sings, "Every girl can beeeee a princess..."
Sophie had two birthday celebrations. I am a firm believer that birthdays should be a week long party anyways, so that was fine with me. On her birthday she and I played with balloons all day, played with some dollar store presents, and for dessert we, plus Grandma and Grandpa H., went to DQ--which is literally fifty yards away--for some ice cream. Sophie's favorite! Saturday Daniel and I actually planned a date to go see Catching Fire. Pretty sure we were the last people in America to see it. Sophie stayed at our apartment with Grandma and Grandpa. We were gone for four hours, which stressed me out a little, but she did well! They had to go on a drive to get her to nap, but no complaints. Then we had pizza and cake! I didn't even want a picture of the cake because I used all my new cake decorating stuff and kind of just messed around, so it's not pretty. I didn't even make enough of one color to coat the whole cake, and I just wanted try making flowers so I did a bunch. I learned a lot from one cake, but it sure tasted amazing!
We loved celebrating with our beautiful baby girl. She's the best. We think she had fun too.













Can't believe she's one. So cute.
ReplyDeleteWe haven't seen catching fire. So you're not the last.
Happy Birthday pretty girl! Good luck with the new move, and I am pretty sure we will be the very last to see catching fire :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad you guys moved before her birthday. I'm glad she still had family around to celebrate.
ReplyDelete