Sunday, July 6, 2014

Random + Bogus Basin

 Our first weekend in our new home, Daniel had signed up to do a trail run with YMCA for work up at Bogus Basin (a local ski resort). We've never been there--like most places--and estimated about an hour drive from our house to the starting point of the race. We had no idea how windy those roads were going to be. It was the worst. Tight, quick turns that made even me nauseous. Then all of a sudden I heard Sophie cough and spit up, then throw up, then throw up again, and possibly one more time. I nearly lost it. We were trapped 1/2 way up this mountain, not knowing when the heck we were going to get there. Sophie was crying and I felt so awful. We finally arrived. I had no extra clothes for her (I haven't had to pack extra clothes in forever). We stripped her down and miraculously there was at least a blanket in the back of the car. It was pretty cold up there. We left the throw up covered carseat outside the car. I ran over to watch Daniel start the race. Then I started nosing around for anything to help me clean the car. I found free water bottles and thankfully someone told me there was an actual bathroom with paper towels (not just the port-a-potties). While I rapidly ripped out all the paper towels I could while Sophie stood naked and shoeless outside the bathroom. A couple of moms were in the bathroom and I said that I was just cleaning up unexpected throw up. One of them became my hero when she offered her daughter's extra clothes. I nearly cried. Sophie was so happy to have clothes and be able to run around with all the other kids. It really changed our whole day around. I'm forever grateful to this woman and will now pack extra clothes always.

Daniel enjoyed the run. Although it ended up being over two miles longer than advertised. He was pretty gimpy the next day. I don't know if we will make the drive up there next year (or ever again). Thankfully Sophie slept all the way down the mountain.









 We had a little poop leakage just a few days later so she went pant less through Wal-mart. And she threw up again on me at few days after that. It's been fun times for the laundry department.
 Sophie has become a finicky little eater. Honestly she eats the best when we go out to eat since I think she assumes that's all she is going to get. She goes back and forth on some foods and stinks at trying new foods. Today she wouldn't eat hardly anything off her plate so we let her out of her chair. Then she demanded to be on my lap. She ended up eating half my dinner (same foods we offered her earlier). It was pretty hilarious watching her eat corn on the cob. Then we did homemade ice cream cones. Which received lots of love.






No comments:

Post a Comment