We had some surprisingly warm days early on this year. Sophie still loves going outside and now that she has her little car, we can never make it out of the garage without her climbing inside it. While we are getting a taste of terrible two's, it's still been so fun watching Sophie learn to do more things and expand her vocabulary. Ironically, the things she says that drive me the most crazy are variations of things I often say to her, such as:
"I can't...(go now, go inside, get down, etc.)" I usually say that I can't go with her to play when I'm trying to make dinner or busy with something else.
"No, no, no!" *while wagging her finger* So sassy
She says lots of sweet things too. And she has such a high, squeaky voice it's even cuter.
Sophie asks about her friends almost daily. She loves her friend Tessa that we watch and they spend lots of time together. Unfortunately, Tessa and her family are moving to Alaska which we are all super bummed about. She's making other little friends too. She was invited to a little Valentine's Day party which was a little too crazy for her, but she found her friend Tenley and they played away from everyone else. Tenley is both extremely crazy and sweet. Last week Sophie's usual nursery teacher wasn't there so she wasn't letting me leave. I snuck out with Daniel and we could hear Sophie crying and trying to open the door. Tenley came over and gave Sophie a hug and toy. Then she put her hand behind Sophie and guided her back to the toys. It was so sweet. Lately Sophie can be kind of defensive and mean when kids are in her space, so I hope she can work her way out of that to being our sweet girl.













No comments:
Post a Comment