Over the past couple months Daniel has been training for a half marathon called Robie Creek. Apparently, it's the hardest race in the northwest with 9 of the 13.1 miles uphill and the remaining miles a knee-jarring, toenail killing jog downhill. He did a race downtown on St. Patrick's Day weekend beforehand as part of his training & Sophie and I did our usual hang out at the finish line.
Robie Creek Day was a little different. 2,500 or so people run this race and they make it into this big fun deal. The theme was Basque which was pretty fun & they had dancers and live music at the starting line. Sophie and I saw Daniel and our friends Caleb and Suzy off and then we left to go grab lunch. Then we had to drive thirty minutes to Lucky Peak reservoir and catch a school bus to the actual finish line tucked up in the hills. Sophie is officially obsessed with school busses thanks to that bus ride. As we got off she yelled, "Thank you bus! Thank you bus! Thank you bus!" And she screams whenever she sees one while we are driving. Daniel did great and finished in exactly three hours. We all ate some food, waited in line forever, and then hopped back on the bus. I was as exhausted as the runners after all this, but at least I could walk the next day.

















No comments:
Post a Comment