I'm blessed with mild 1st trimesters. While I never felt great, I certainly could have been much worse. It was similar to Sophie's pregnancy when I just felt tired and nauseous most of the day. I didn't even get to make a doctor's appointment until we moved to Idaho Falls at 12 weeks. I told myself I wasn't going to do that after having a miscarriage at 12 weeks, but everything went well. I was so insanely anxious and antsy waiting to go in for the ultrasound that I was making myself sick and my blood pressure was high. Seeing that baby kicking around in there was a wonderfully joyous moment. I teared up and couldn't stop.
When it came time for the gender ultrasound, we decided to try to mix things up and not find out at the appointment what we were having. Our plans were to have the ultrasound tech write down the gender which we would deliver to a local bakery and they would fill some cupcakes with the according color. However, Daniel and I both had some hints that we weren't all that surprised when it actually came to cupcake time. The ultrasound tech used the pronoun "he" throughout the whole ultrasound and then slipped after we had looked away when she was checking the gender. She tried to correct herself like it was a simple mix up. Daniel and I didn't discuss it, but we both kind of knew after that. Later when Daniel picked up the cupcakes he saw some of the filling that missed the cupcakes and a co-worker who had a cupcake made a comment on the flavor of the cupcakes. When it all came down to it, we already knew. And I'm so excited. I'm excited Sophie will have the sister I never had. I'm excited they will be relatively close in age. And I'm excited I already have all the clothes and in the right season too!
This kid has given us some hilarious ultrasound shots. This would have been even clearer if I could have stopped laughing. She is riding so low that I feel every kick of those long lanky legs.
Our dear sweet Sophie doesn't really get what's going on. I try to keep talking about baby sister and mommy's belly, but I know it won't sink in until she sees the baby and she comes home with us. I'm nervous my big momma's girl is going to have a hard time with this and I'm afraid my recovery is going to be as bad as it was last time. Thankfully Sophie at least has her wonderful cousins to go play with if I can't handle things and I'm determined to have a better start with breastfeeding. Funny things Sophie has said about the baby/pregnancy:
She saw our very first ultrasound and said "It's a turtle!"
When we talk about my belly she says, "yours is bigger! mine is little." And lifts her shirt up. Poor dad also got the "yours is bigger" comment too.
She's started to say things are for her baby sister when they are baby things.
20 weeks! {Things don't feel quite as cute this time around. I've been feeling quite large and uncomfortable already} Can't wait for this little gal to get here! I've been stealing and squishing on everyone's else's baby in the meantime.








No comments:
Post a Comment