Monday, September 7, 2015

Blackfoot Fair

 Yesterday we told Sophie that we were going to the fair to see the animals. She kept saying we were going to the zoo so I told her it was more like a farm and I listed all the animals we would see. This morning she ran around excitedly saying that we were going to see, "cows, sheep, horsies, a momma pig, a Sophie pig, a daddy pig, a poppa pig, and unicorns!" I have no idea how unicorns got into the mix, but it was pretty hilarious. She really did love all the animals as I expected. She loved feeding them too. First we fed the horses with some nearby hay and later she shared some feed with her cousins and fed the goats and sheep. She really really loved that, much more than her older cousins did anyways. With Sophie's love of animals, I should look for more opportunities to spend time with them if I can find them.




 After feeding the horses, she wanted to feed all the other animals. Then Daniel decided to feed all of us and we got classic tiger ears for "brunch." Sophie dove right into ours and then helped herself to finishing all her cousins' leftovers. Pretty sure all that sugar contributed to her lack of appetite later in the day and her major nap crash on the ride home.



Sophie boldly rode ponies by herself out at our friends house months ago, I thought she would be thrilled to do it again. And she was...for the first two minutes. Eventually Daniel just pulled her off when she looked really freaked out, but she still liked it--just in moderation I guess.

We had a fun Labor Day weekend with family. I'm really glad we went to the fair early before it got too hot and too crowded and crazy. I think we are all wiped out now, but it was fun to have an extra day to play.








No comments:

Post a Comment