Oh the joys of bringing home child #2!! Seriously though, I love how much more wonderfully relaxed I was this time around. I think it helped me have a better recovery and better nursing experience. I'll admit that things did seem to go extra easy, but a little experience makes bringing home another baby much more manageable. It helps that Emery is also doing amazing. She quickly jumped to an every three hour eating schedule which is so much nicer than every two. She did well at night and only had a few nights at first when she would stay awake for an hour and a half at a time. She ate great, she pooped great, she slept great....what else can a parent ask for!
Daniel stayed home for a few days and then my mom drove out from Boise. It was killing her not being here and I was so happy to have her. She is an amazing helper. I kind of didn't want her to leave. Most of all she played with Sophie more than I even play with her and Sophie absolutely loved it. It was wonderful knowing that Sophie got some much needed attention while I napped on and off all day. One day just Sophie and I went on a shopping trip to spend some time together. She loved it and I was just amazed I was capable of going to the store two weeks after having a baby. That definitely wouldn't have happened last time. My mom did some extra fun stuff with Sophie too. They did the shopping together and made sugar cookies. On the way back from the store one day my mom took a wrong turn into our subdivision. She thought she could make her way to our house but they got stuck in the snow in a cul-de-sac. Thankfully some random guy came out of his house to save them. Sophie talked about a "so nice man" that saved them for days after.
Sometimes Emery looks just like Sophie's baby pictures and other times she looks totally different to me. She is so wonderfully tan and has great hair. I hope it stays dark, but of course Sophie's didn't so we shall see. We keep calling her our little Mexican baby because she sure doesn't look like mine up against my pasty white skin!
No comments:
Post a Comment