Baby Em looked great at her two week check up. Already almost eight pounds and looking beautiful. She predominantly pulls her head to the right and the doctor said not to worry about it yet, but she's now eight weeks and still does it. It takes a lot of coaxing or just plain physically turning her head to get her to look left. Next week is the two month check up so we will see what doctor says. I got an Ergo carrier for baby and use it quite often. She likes to nap all squished up against me, but we both end up a little sweaty. It's great for going outside (with Daniel's jacket zipped up around us both) and for light housework. It creates a giant blindspot right in front of me so doing any food prep or even pouring a glass of milk for Sophie can prove dangerous. Emery definitely loves being swaddled and rarely naps without being a darling baby burrito. Sophie never did so it's a new thing for me. It does seem to increase nap time so I'm a fan.
Monday, March 21, 2016
Parenting Two
Parenting two is proving to be just a little tricky. Often when I need to take care of Emery Sophie sulks off saying, "You make me sad." I'm at least happy that her frustrations seem to be aimed at me and not the baby. She loves her "cute baby" and always wants to see her. Although she does complain that her crying is too loud. She's not wrong. :) I'd be lying if I didn't say Sophie has watched A LOT of TV and sometimes my lap is covered with children and I'm pretty sure my eyes are "just resting." But we will take it for now. We are slowly easing out of survival mode and into some semblance of a normal schedule.
Baby Em looked great at her two week check up. Already almost eight pounds and looking beautiful. She predominantly pulls her head to the right and the doctor said not to worry about it yet, but she's now eight weeks and still does it. It takes a lot of coaxing or just plain physically turning her head to get her to look left. Next week is the two month check up so we will see what doctor says. I got an Ergo carrier for baby and use it quite often. She likes to nap all squished up against me, but we both end up a little sweaty. It's great for going outside (with Daniel's jacket zipped up around us both) and for light housework. It creates a giant blindspot right in front of me so doing any food prep or even pouring a glass of milk for Sophie can prove dangerous. Emery definitely loves being swaddled and rarely naps without being a darling baby burrito. Sophie never did so it's a new thing for me. It does seem to increase nap time so I'm a fan.
Baby Em looked great at her two week check up. Already almost eight pounds and looking beautiful. She predominantly pulls her head to the right and the doctor said not to worry about it yet, but she's now eight weeks and still does it. It takes a lot of coaxing or just plain physically turning her head to get her to look left. Next week is the two month check up so we will see what doctor says. I got an Ergo carrier for baby and use it quite often. She likes to nap all squished up against me, but we both end up a little sweaty. It's great for going outside (with Daniel's jacket zipped up around us both) and for light housework. It creates a giant blindspot right in front of me so doing any food prep or even pouring a glass of milk for Sophie can prove dangerous. Emery definitely loves being swaddled and rarely naps without being a darling baby burrito. Sophie never did so it's a new thing for me. It does seem to increase nap time so I'm a fan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment