Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pre-Baby Preparations

I tried to squeeze every little amount of fun and love and snuggles out of Sophie before she was no long my one and only baby. She's really so much fun right now. I love cooking with her and her enthusiasm for learning new chores. I love doing her hair when she lets me. I love how obsessed she is with me (most of the time). I love the funny sentences that come out of her mouth or watching how her little mind thinks. It was a little difficult to digest the fact that my attention would be completely altered in just a few weeks, but I know some day all us girls are going to have buckets of fun together.  While my mom was here for Sophie's birthday we repainted the diamonds in the baby's room to match. Sophie tried to help a little and loved it and it was a fun, fairly easy project.

The Saturday after Sophie's birthday we continued the festivities and had our last little outing as a family of three. We went out for breakfast (my very favorite) and we went to the movies to see the Good Dinosaur. The movies is a great place to get some Sophie cuddles, but after the movie she kept talking about dads dying since the dad dies. It felt a little morbid, but she had a good time.

We also played over at the Enger's house a lot to distract us from the upcoming baby day. Kira had a "bring a friend to dance day" and invited Sophie. It was a little tough for Sophie to focus since everyone in the class was two years older, but she still had so much fun. And I'm so happy that Kira chose Sophie to go do something special with her.

Baby gave me a few scares leading up to d-day. The week before I went to bed with contractions and woke up to consistent contractions for over an hour. Sophie climbed in bed with us and we all snuggled and I got excited about what was going to happen that day. Turns nothing happened. Daniel even stayed home from work, but my contractions completely stopped. I headed over to Erin's for a little bit and got them going again after pacing around a bunch. I had stressed myself out so much at this point that I called the doctor and went in to get checked. No progression, just pre-labor pains. The next Sunday I had crippling contractions that made me cry on the floor of the bathroom, but still...no baby. She knew exactly when she was supposed to come........





















No comments:

Post a Comment