I loved this Halloween. Even though yesterday Sophie and I started coming down with different illnesses, I made sure we had enough energy for tonight. Watching those little toddler legs jog up driveways and her little fist knock on each door with all the strength she could muster was the cutest thing I've ever seen. All that sweetness melted my heart over and over. She's adorable.
We never got her to say anything more than "thank you," but we will take it.
I made her skirt. It was my first attempt at sewing since Home Ec class. I ripped it apart and re-did it once, but it was a good project for all my emotional baggage to unload on. She loves it and twirls and says, "Minnie!"
I decided last minute that I want to dress up too. (I can't believe that I forgot that I love to dress up!) I wore Sophie's ears and tail from last year's costume.
At one house they had some spectacular decorations and someone dressed up as a creepy skeleton/zombie that crawled out of the garage to scare people. I made Sophie go give him a hug which she happily obliged. (I don't want her to be scared--just have fun!)
Sophie's new favorite candy is suckers.








so,so cute
ReplyDelete