Monday, September 7, 2015

Sophie & Mom

 Sophie's my little buddy. Naturally as my one and only, she gets lots of attention. I don't know if it's all the changes we've put her through over the last three months or just because she is the super emotional/sensitive type, but she's extra fond of her momma. Her latest thing is that her room is "scary." Right now she is sleep in the craft room at grandpa's house while we wait for the basement to be repaired after flooding. I don't think there is anything scary about her room, but we added another night light and hoped she would be good. Then one night in the middle of the night she came into our room and said in the cutest high pitched, sweet, slightly scared voice, "Mommy, I sweep (sleep) by you." I jumped out of bed and told I would come sleep by her since there isn't even enough room in the double bed Daniel and I are in for the two of us. Since then the sleep habits have escalated to needed me to lay by her while she falls asleep and then she shows up at my bedside almost every night in the middle of the night looking for me. Part of me doesn't care because I like cuddling with sweet little girl while she still wants me and the aforementioned small bed with a husband who's radiating body heat in an already warm room. (Sophie's room has A/C) :) Part of me wants to cut this all off before it gets so entrenched with her that I'll never escape, but for now we are sleeping buddies.
 For awhile the only way she would go to sleep is with a zippy cup and she would "hide" under her blankets with them tucked over her head. She always woke up super sweaty with her hair matted everywhere.

Other than that, Sophie and I have lots of fun together. We spend lots of time playing with cousins. She loves baby Austin and asks to hold him repeatedly, but it usually lasts a good ten seconds before she says, "too big!" and almost pushes him off. I'm glad she likes babies for the most part though.


She likes to be my little assistant when I get ready, which means it takes me forever to get ready. She likes to dry my hair and play with make up brushes. 


She loves playing outside in the sprinklers and drawing with chalk on the drive way. One day we drew outlines of our bodies and later it rained. She was terribly concern when we came out and all our pictures were gone! 

 Like I said, we are trying out more arts and crafts. Sophie was so proud of the pictures we painted and hung on the wall to dry that she had to tell everyone that came over all about them.

Then the little miss got her first haircut! A friend I have cuts hair out at her house and I just pulled the trigger and said let's do it! Sophie's hair is still a little shorter in the front, but I was hoping that a haircut would get rid of the wispy ends and help it all grow in thicker and more evenly. It was totally worth it. It's short, but looks super cute. When she lets me blow dry it {kind of} straight it's a darling little bob. I'm excited for it to get long again. 



 Sophie got two princess dress jammies from her cousins and she love love loves them. When she was wearing the Elsa dress she ran up and down the hall singing "Let It Go" and currently she is sleeping in a Sophia the First dress which apparently means she needs to sleep with her princess crown. Before we left for the fair this morning she asked if her princess pj's could come to the fair...I'm so mean and said no.
 We've had a few park play dates since we've been back. This is Sophie's buddy Claire who is just four days older than her! They are quite different in size though!


 After seeing Bella and Kira get their nails painted, Sophie has wanted "sparkles" on her fingers and toes all the time. She sits for nail painting about as well as you would expect a two year old to sit, but she loves showing them off. Whenever she realizes that her fingers are without paint, she says, "Oh no, my sparkles!" and wants to paint again. I have to admit that I love seeing her little nails all cute and painted.




 I had to go up to Rexburg the other day to meet with someone and Sophie of course was my little tag-a-long buddy. After our little meeting we went to Pizza Pie Cafe for lunch, Porter Park to play, Deseret Book (because I can never not stop at my old store), and got frozen yogurt at Kiwi Loco before we left. It's fun to do little get-away days like that with Sophie. I know she enjoys getting out too. She never wants to come home.




No comments:

Post a Comment