Sunday, August 2, 2015

Boise Bucket List

Before we left Boise we were determined to squeeze all the fun in that we could. Ironically, since we had only been in Boise 18 months we had already done a lot of things people suggested we do. So we doubled up on some of our favorites and tried a couple new things. Here's what we did:

  • Ate dinner at Fork downtown
  • Followed that up with paddle boats at Julia Davis Park-while Sophie thoroughly enjoyed herself, Daniel and I were exhausted. Those are some crappy boats and it took all our energy to just get to pond down the canal. 
  • Went to a concert (Mae)
  • Boise Farmer's Market & breakfast at Goldie's
  • Roaring Springs Waterpark-another Sophie favorite. It definitely could have been warmer that day and Daniel and I both forgot our wallets so we had to leave when we got hungry. 
  • Settler's Park splash park with friends. Sophie and I had a fun day with my friend Suzy and her girls, Anna and Klara. We ended the afternoon at the splash park and had tons of fun. 
  • I hiked Table Rock with the young women as a mutual activity. It was too hot that day...95 degrees or so. I didn't think we would all make it. Otherwise it's a fairly simply hike, but that heat was killer. We made it, partied at the top, and walked/ran down to get to the gas station since almost all of us had run out of water. {Daniel previously ran this hike while Sophie and I made it up about halfway. Having now done the whole thing, I'm glad Sophie and I just went halfway!)




























Sophie's sweet nursery class! She loves Tenley(right) and her teacher, Suzy. She still asks for them when I tell her she is going to nursery. (6 weeks later)










No comments:

Post a Comment