With so much family visiting, we celebrated the Fourth a lot! On the third, Erin's neighbor does a big show. It was almost better than dealing with going down the river on the fourth! Everyone just spreads out among five or six conjoining backyards and they light of some impressive fireworks right over your head. Last year Sophie was almost too tired to care about the fireworks and this year she loved them! She kept asking for more and I love that she got to see some so close up.
Then on the fourth we went to the parade, but it was too dang hot and Sophie wasn't as entertained as I would have hoped. I think she got one piece of candy which was all she cared about. Then that evening everyone headed to Freeman Park to watch the notorious Idaho Falls fireworks. I've never watched the fireworks from there before and it was pretty nice. The kids had tons of space to run around and play together and it wasn't overly crowded. I think we would have had a tough time getting our big group anywhere else. It was another fun night. That day is also Daniel's sister Lara's birthday so we had some ice cream cake to celebrate.
The next night we did our little fireworks we had all bought. Watching 12 kids each holding a sparkler was a little stressful, but everyone had a good time. Most of the kids (Sophie included) just enjoyed watching the show from the back of grandpa's new truck.
























No comments:
Post a Comment